A branch of Webber International University
- Blair Garnett, Class of \'10, from NC
'; $title[5] = 'Did you know...'; $story[5] = 'Academic programs offered range from Business, Sports Studies, Biology, and Forensics to Creative Writing, Psychology, Education or Philosophy as well as Pre-Professional Programs.'; $title[6] = 'In their own words...'; $story[6] = '"Living on campus is a life experience I have learned so much from. We eat together, watch TV together, study together, and do absolutely nothing together. When I go home for breaks, it's like I'm leaving my second family!"
- Jess Cutler, Class of \'10, from FL
'; $title[7] = 'Did you know...'; $story[7] = 'With St. Andrews\' study abroad programs, you can live in a 14th Century castle in the Italian Alps, attend the University of Cuenca in Ecuador, experience Chinese language and culture at Capital Normal University in Beijing, China, as well as many other opportunities.'; $title[8] = 'In their own words...'; $story[8] = '"As a first generation Latin American, it was different coming here, but I soon realized that I could just be me. St. Andrews is a school for people who like small classes and a close community."
- Anthony Fernandez, Class of \'10
'; $quotefact = rand(1,8); $imglist=''; //$img_folder is the variable that holds the path to the banner images. Mine is images/tutorials/ // see that you don't forget about the "/" at the end if($dv_usepath != ''){ $img_folder = "/var/www/html/new_img/subpage_img_" . $dv_usepath . "/"; $img_folder2 = "/new_img/subpage_img_" . $dv_usepath . "/"; }else{ $img_folder = "/var/www/html/new_img/subpage_img/"; $img_folder2 = "/new_img/subpage_img/"; } if($dv_useimage != ''){ $image = $dv_useimage; }else{ mt_srand((double)microtime()*1000); //use the directory class $imgs = dir($img_folder); //read all files from the directory, checks if are images and ads them to a list (see below how to display flash banners) while ($file = $imgs->read()) { if (eregi("gif", $file) || eregi("jpg", $file) || eregi("png", $file)) $imglist .= "$file "; } closedir($imgs->handle); //put all images into an array $imglist = explode(" ", $imglist); $no = sizeof($imglist)-2; //generate a random number between 0 and the number of images $random = mt_rand(0, $no); $image = $imglist[$random]; //display image //echo ''; } ?>


Campus Ministry & Service

How do I find volunteer opportunities?

You can stop by the Office of Student Affairs in Belk for more information or read more about past service opportunities on the MLK Day of Service and Alternative Spring Break trip page.  You will also find a list of local service organizations.  See Campus Ministry & Service.

How do I contact the Campus Minister?

The Campus Minister is Reverend Neal Carter.  He visits the campus frequently during lunch and meets with students individually and in groups.  See Neal Carter.

Where do I find a local place of worship?

There are a variety of local places of worship in the Laurinburg area.  See Local Places of Worship

Campus Safety

Whom do I contact in the event of an emergency?

For emergencies, call the Campus Safety Officer at (910) 280-2895.  See Campus Safety.

Where is the Campus Safety Office located? 

The Campus Safety Office is located is Burris Hall, at the far end of the PE Building.  This is also where ID pictures are taken.  See Campus Map.

Where do I register my vehicle?

You can pick up a form at the Campus Safety Office or complete a form online.  See Vehicle Registration.

What do I do about parking tickets?

If you have a question about a ticket, you can visit the Public Safety Office or consult The Saltire Student Handbook regarding parking violations.  Tickets should be paid at the Business Office in the LA Building.  See Campus Safety & The Saltire Student Handbook.

Chartwells Dining Services

Do I have to have a meal plan?

All on campus students have a meal plan.  A meal plan is optional for commuter students.  See Chartwells Dining Services.

How do I get a meal plan?

The meal plan is already included in the comprehensive fee that each residential student pays.  Access to meals is limited to 19 meals per week.  Students must present their St. Andrews ID cards for scanning at all meals.

Where can I find the catering menu?

See Chartwells Catering.

How do I set up campus catering?

You must contact Bernard Keiser, who is in charge of Chartwells Catering.  See Bernard Keiser.

Where can I leave feedback regarding meals?

See Chartwells Feedback.

Whom do I contact if I have food allergies?

You must contact the Bernard Keiser, our Director of Chartwells Dining Services.

Computer & Telephone Services

Where is Computer Services located?

Computer Services is located in the James L. Morgan Liberal Arts Building.  See Campus Map.

Whom do I contact regarding computer and telephone questions?

You can contact Computer Services regarding questions related to computers and telephones at (910) 277-5014 or via email.  See Computer Services.

Disability Services

How do I get assistance for my disability?

You must fill out a Disability Services form.  See Disability Services Form.

Whom do I contact regarding Disability Services?

Teresa Reynolds is the Director of Disability Services.  See Teresa Reynolds.

Health & Wellness

Do I have to submit health information?

All new students are required to submit a Health Form from a physical exam.  This must be signed by a doctor.  See Health Form.

Do I have to have health insurance to attend St. Andrews?

All degree-seeking students are required to be covered under medical insurance and provide proof of adequate coverage to the Business Office and Campus RN.  See Health & Wellness

If am I too sick to attend class, what do I do?

You must get documentation from the Health & Wellness Office to be excused from class.  See Health & Wellness.

Where can I find information on Counseling Services?

Counseling Services is available to all students.  See Counseling Services.


How do I make a maintenance request?

Maintenance requests can be made on Excalibur, which is the default homepage for all campus computers.  From that page, go to Support Desk, then Maintenance.  If you are on campus, you can access Excalibur.  If you have difficulties making a maintenance request, you can always visit the Office of Student Affairs in Belk.  See Excalibur.
(Enter your Student Login to popup box)

What do I do if there is a maintenance emergency that requires immediate assistance during non-business hours?

Students should contact Campus Safety for maintenance emergencies that happen after hours.  See Campus Safety.


Do I have to attend Orientation?

Yes, all new students including first-year, commuter, international, and transfer students are required to attend Orientation.  Attending Orientation helps students in their acclimation to campus life.  Students will also register for classes and meet other students during this time. See Orientation.

Are family members allowed to attend Orientation?

In addition to students, family members are also welcome to attend Orientation.  There will be segments of Orientation especially for parents/guardians during the first part of Orientation. See Orientation.

Where do I find a copy of the Orientation schedule?

The Orientation schedule is subject to change, so please check for it updates.  See Orientation.

Parents & Families

Where can I find information for parents and family?

You can go to the Parents & Families link under the Student Portal.  See Parents & Families.

Where can I find information regarding Orientation?

An updated schedule and information can be found on the Orientation site.  See Orientation.

Residence Life & Housing

Do I have to live on campus?

Since being part of the campus community is both a vital and unique part of college life, most students are required to live on campus.  However, exceptions are made for students over 21, students with children, married students, or students who live locally with their parents. See Housing Assignments.

What should I bring with me to the resident hall?

See What to Bring...What not to Bring.

What is already in the room?

See Residence Hall.

What do I do if I am having roommate issues?

Firstly, students are strongly encouraged to communicate issues directly to their roommates.  If addressing the issue does not work, the student should voice their concerns to an RA/RD.  Parents and family members are advised to encourage students to handle their roommate situations directly.  See Living with a Roommate.

Whom do I contact if I have a concern in my residence hall?

You can always speak with an RA directly or contact an RD.  See Resident Directors.

How do I get a single room?

Although we encourage everyone to have the experience of living with a roommate, we realize that this is not a possibility for all students.  See Housing Assignments.

What if happens my roommate moves or transfers?

You may be assigned another roommate unless you request a single room.  See Housing Assignments.

Student Activities

Where can I find out about campus events?

You can always look on the campus calendar or the Excalibur campus calendar for an extensive list of events.  See Campus Calendar.

How do I join a club/organization?

Students interested in joining a student organization should contact the organization's president.  See Student Organizations.

Student Conduct

Where can I find a list of all the campus rules and college policies?

All campus rules and policies can be found in the The Saltire Student Handbook, which is conveniently located online.  We recommend that students read this before arriving on campus.  All students acknowledge that they will abide by all campus policies when they sign their housing contract. See The Saltire.

Did we answer your question?  If not, please contact us at OSA@sapc.edu or call the Office of Student Affairs at (910) 277-5145.  We are always happy to help!

© 2014 St. Andrews University. All Rights Reserved.
Access Webmail
Access Moodle

St. Andrews University
A branch of Webber International University
1700 Dogwood Mile
Laurinburg, NC 28352
(910) 277-5555 • (800) 763-0198 • (fax) 910-277-5020
Student Complaints
Sexual harassment and related incidents